Not just a pretty face
The Polo is not just a pretty face. It's a highly efficient engine. It's more legroom, headroom and luggage space. It's advanced safety and technology. And it's bigger and better than ever before.
You don’t get a name like Style without looking pretty sharp. The Style comes with sophisticated features like 16” alloy wheels, brilliant LED taillights, the beats™ audio premium sound system and dark-tinted privacy glass in the back - every detail has been considered.
The city-friendly Polo is one good-looking hatch that looks great at any angle. It flaunts a refreshingly clean and polished exterior with stylish alloy rims, and an interior designed for practicality, space and comfort.
The Polo flaunts confidence with expressive body lines, complemented with eye-catching 16" alloys and trapezoidal-shaped tail lights. Functionality remains just as strong with clever features like electrically heated and adjustable exterior mirrors that come standard across the Polo range.
It’s all in the details when it comes to the Polo’s finessed interior. With a bold redesigned dashboard, premium leather steering wheel, and an overall sense of spaciousness, the Polo’s interior is another benchmark in interior car design.
Sometimes bigger is better. That’s why the Polo is longer, wider, and has an increased wheelbase, meaning even more headroom and legroom for you and your passengers. An impressive 305-351 litres boot space also means you can shop till you drop, or pack everything you need to head off on your next vacation.
With the Polo, it's all about the journey, not the destination. Sophisticated yet convenient, the Polo's infotainment and navigation systems, smartphone connectivity, and Digital Cockpit2 will have you driving just for the sake of driving.
Digital Cockpit standard on Style.
Move with the times and say goodbye to analogue. The Digital Cockpit is a 10.25" high-resolution digital screen that places a variety of information in front of your eyes. From traditional gauges to navigation, everything you need to know is right behind the steering wheel.
Digital Cockpit is standard on Polo Style.
The brilliant 8" infotainment system features App-Connect4 that allows you to seamlessly connect compatible apps from your smartphone to your Polo with Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™. This makes calling friends, pumping your favourite tunes and accessing maps a lot easier on the road.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it does. Lose the cords and enjoy freedom with Wireless App-Connect.
Standard on 85TSI Style.
With a gorgeous 20.3cm (8") glass touchscreen monitor, the Composition Media system is a delight to use. Featuring multiple USB-C ports and Bluetooth® phone and media connectivity, the six rich-sounding speakers will have you sitting in your parked Polo just to hear the end of a song.
Time to turn those lazy Sundays into adventures. Use the Discover Navigation system to find new restaurants, attractions and more. You can also decide whether you would like to see the navigation map in the Digital Cockpit, or have the classic view on the system display.
Discover Media Navigation and Digital Cockpit are standard on Polo Style.
Enjoy a stress-free driving experience with an array of safety features in the Polo. With Front Assist, Pedestrian Monitoring, and Blind Spot Monitor, you'll know you're in safe hands in any situation5.
The Polo makes driving on busy motorways a breeze. At the touch of a button, the optional Adaptive Cruise Control6 uses a radar to sense your distance from the vehicle in front5. The system automatically brakes or accelerates while maintaining the same distance from the vehicle, and with the addition of the optional DSG dual-clutch transmission, it can bring your vehicle to a complete stop if need be.
You'll always know what's going on around you with the optional Blind Spot Monitor6. With sensors detecting proximity to other vehicles, a handy LED display in your door mirror warns you of vehicles in your blind spot.
Parking is also made easier, with the reverse camera that displays what's behind you on your dashboard screen, along with overlaid guidelines to help you judge distances.
Overseas model shown.
Now you and other road users are safer than ever before with the Polo. If Front Assist detects a possible collision, it lets you know with an acoustic and visual warning and prepares the car for emergency braking. It also detects pedestrians about to cross your path. If you don't react after the warning, the system steps in to slow the car down, with the aim of fully avoiding a collision or reducing its impact5.
The Polo is German Engineered to the highest of safety standards. ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program) are the leading independent vehicle safety advocate. If you’d like more details, head to their website and read their safety report on the Polo: www.ancap.com.au.
The new Polo has had a modern, sporty facelift. With a fresh, clean style and dynamic lines, it strikes the perfect balance between design and function. With sports seats, high-gloss decorative trim in a variety of colours, a black roof, sporty alloy wheels and a whole host of other features, the optional design packages offer all the customisation options you need to create your own unique Polo.
The Polo gets the R-Line7 treatment, with a range of sleek design and handling upgrades including R-Line body styling, sports suspension, rear diffuser and more.
The optional Driver Assistance package5 for the Polo delivers intelligent driver assistance systems to help you deal with critical situations, or even avoid them. Even if you don’t always notice this technology, it feels good to know it’s got your back.
Overseas model shown.
Volkswagen Genuine Accessories ensures your Volkswagen remains 100% Volkswagen. The extensive range of Polo accessories provides you with the opportunity to adapt your Polo even more precisely to your individual needs.
Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only8.
For added protection the Polo can be fitted with the Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder, a front and rear camera that allows you to record any incidents onto a removable SD card. You have total control over all camera settings via the UTR Volkswagen App9, which also includes a car finder feature. And the best thing is, the device requires no battery or recharging.
The high-cut luggage compartment load liner with Polo lettering is hardwearing and suitable for anything, even items that tend to make a mess like dirty shoes or plants.
The genuine roof bars provide the base for all roof attachments and are aerodynamically designed to suit the Polo. When roof bars are mounted to the vehicle, the sunroof cannot be operated.
Load limit: 70kg
The high-quality aluminium door sill plates with Polo lettering not only protect the heavily used entrance area but adds a more premium look to your vehicle.
1. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
2. Digital Cockpit is available with the optional Sound and Vision package.
4. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
5. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
6. Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitoring are available as part of the optional Driver Assistance Package on Comfortline, Style and GTI variants.
7. The R-Line package is available on Comfortline variant only.
8. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
9. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.
Download the brochure and specifications for all the facts and figures.