Nothing drives like the Touareg
Making an instant impression, the Touareg is an SUV with unparalleled quality, sublime comfort and next-generation technology. Flaunting unique innovations like the 4-corner Air Suspension, matrix LED headlights or the Innovision Cockpit, nothing drives quite like this thoroughbred off-roader.
V8 TDI R-Line
The Touareg Wolfsburg Edition 2017 captured worldwide attention. Now it’s back with the new Black Style Package. The next generation of the Touareg Wolfsburg Edition arrives in March 2021 in two variants: 210TDI Wolfsburg Edition and V8 TDI Wolfsburg Edition.
The sleek Black Style Package includes a blacked-out front grille, gloss black mirror caps and window surrounds, black roof rails and gloss black 21” Suzuka alloys. Exclusive to the Touareg Wolfsburg Edition are Soft Closing Doors, where your door will automatically pull shut if it’s not fully closed, and the Moonlight Blue Metallic colour option.
This sporty SUV is strictly limited, so pre-order yours now while you still can.
The 210TDI Wolfsburg edition features all-wheel steering, active roll stabilisation, R-Line leather interior and black headlining. It also includes all the V8 310TDI offers like Night Vision and Direct Tyre Pressure Monitors.
The top-of-the-range Touareg Wolfsburg is the V8 TDI. It comes with Night Vision, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitors for its 21 inch alloys, and the Sound and Comfort Package – which includes four zone climate control, heated second row outer seats and safety features like Manoeuvre Braking and Park Assist Plus.
No matter the angle it’s viewed from, the Touareg offers a bold statement – this is a vehicle that looks as good as it performs.
The Innovision Cockpit is the digital instrument cluster and infotainment system screen all in one curved glass surface. Operated by touch, gestures or voice it includes everything you need for a safe and comfortable drive, like the 15-inch Discover Premium Satellite Navigation system and 12.3-inch Digital Cockpit with customisable content.
Optional on the 170TDI
With high-resolution 12.3-inch TFT-LCD colour display, the digital cockpit allows you to see only the information you want to see. You can access detailed driving data via the multifunction steering wheel or infotainment system, view the navigation map with targeted zoom and customise the dash to display full-screen overlays of selected information.
Optional on 170TDI
The Head-up Display uses the windscreen as a projection surface to display important information like the speed, messages from the driver assist systems or navigation details. This way, you can keep your eyes on the road ahead.
Optional on 170TDI
Bring the familiarity of your phone straight to your infotainment system, thanks to App-Connect4. Your smartphone integrates seamlessly, allowing you to listen to your favourite music, podcasts, messages you receive, or the latest news and journey information.
When the sky starts to darken, choose from 30 different colours of mood lighting in your Touareg. Nothing gets boring in this luxurious SUV.
Optional on 170TDI
The Touareg doesn't compromise on performance and it doesn't turn down a challenge. With an impressive turbocharged engine, 4MOTION all-wheel drive, and air suspension, the Touareg will take you anywhere you want to go, on and off the road.
The Touareg 210TDI features a 3.0L V6 diesel engine that is capable of providing an impressive 210kW of power and 600Nm of torque. If that still doesn’t do it for you, the V8 TDI features a 4.0L V8 diesel engine that produces 310kW of power and maximum torque of 900Nm. This means you can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in under 5 seconds. Now that’s powerful.
When the rear wheels steer as well as the front wheels, a smaller turning circle can be achieved. This means greater manoeuvrability in tight spaces. The rear wheels also help with stability when you're travelling faster than 50km/h. There's no doubt you'll feel complete confidence on any kind of drive.
Not available on 170 TDI or 210TDI Elegance
The Touareg's air suspension with adaptive dampening control, maintains a smooth ride regardless of road surface conditions. Once you float on air, there's no going back.
Not available on 170TDI
The Touareg's front and rear active stabilisers are hydraulic and reduce the lateral tilt when cornering. This helps the car respond sensitively to steering, even at low speeds. This optional system also helps to prevent understeering during more dynamic cornering. All to ensure you and your passengers always have a safer trip.
Not available on 170TDI and 210TDI Elegance
Packing the same punch as a super car, the new Touareg V8 is Volkswagen's most powerful SUV ever made. Setting a new standard in the world of SUVs, it showcases an impressive combination of immense powertrain, premium styling, interior comfort and incredible handling.
With 310kW of power and maximum torque from the 4.0L 8 cylinder engine, the Touareg V8 takes its place as the most powerful Volkswagen SUV ever made. Its engine is extremely smooth and responsive so your drive is always a cruise whether it’s on the highway or at low speeds. The Touareg TDI can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in under 5 seconds, setting a new standard in the world of SUVs. It’s luxury like never before.
Night vision systems aren’t just for spy films. They’re also for the Touareg. The beams of the optional night vision system generate a thermal image of people and animals which are marked yellow or red in your cockpit if they’re identified as a hazard. The dark isn’t so scary after all.
Standard on the Touareg V8 the Sound and Comfort package offers 4-zone electronic air conditioning with automatic air recirculation. This means the driver and passengers can all set their own temperature and air intensity to how they like it. It also offers an immersive auditory experience with the Dynaudio Excite Premium 730W audio system.
Just when you thought the Touareg can't get any better, it can. A range of optional packages can transform your Touareg into everything you ever wanted and more.
The optional Sound and Comfort package offers 4-zone electronic air conditioning with automatic air recirculation, meaning the driver, front passenger and rear-seat passengers can all tailor the temperature and air intensity to their own precise liking. It also offers an amazing auditory experience with the Dynaudio Consequence Premium 730W audio system.
Standard on V8 R-Line
This 15" screen features a customisable interface, connected to a 12.3" digital instrument cluster that wraps elegantly around your dashboard. Use App-Connect4, along with touch, gesture and voice commands, to control the Touareg's array of luxuries.
Ambient lighting strips8 in the decor trim gives the driver the ability to further customise the interior cabin with up to thirty different colours to choose from.
Optional on 170TDI
Volkswagen Genuine Accessories ensures your Touareg remains 100% Volkswagen. The extensive range of Touareg accessories provides you with the opportunity to adapt your Touareg even more precisely to your individual needs. From transport, exterior and interior solutions to alloy wheels that perfectly complement your Touareg.
Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only10.
For added protection the Touareg can be fitted with the Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder, a front and rear camera that allows you to record any incidents onto a removable SD card. You have total control over all camera settings via the UTR Volkswagen App10, which also includes a car finder feature. And the best thing is, the device requires no battery or recharging.
20" Nevada alloy wheel in black.
The genuine towbar has been designed and developed using the latest CAD ensuring perfect integration with the Touareg chassis. Made from high-quality materials and tested to meet stringent Australian and Volkswagen engineering standards. Please refer to the owners manual or vehicle specifications for towing capacities11.
A perfect fit and easy to clean. The durable luggage compartment tray with Touareg lettering easily keeps your luggage compartment clean.
2. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
3. With rear seat in the forward position.
4. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
5. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
6. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather but are not wholly leather.
8. Head-Up Display and customisable ambient lighting features are available with optional Innovision Package, at extra cost.
9. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
10. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.
11. Towing capacities are applicable to Volkswagen Genuine Accessory Tow Bar. Towing capacity figures are maximum figures and actual towing capacity depends on factors including the laden mass of the vehicle, driving conditions and fitment of any accessories. Volkswagen Group Australia does not endorse or will not be held liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use or fitment of electronic trailer brakes.
Download the brochure and specifications for all the facts and figures.